Require Passcode only on Startup?

I

iMore Question

My phone is jailbroken and is a Iphone 5 with 7.1.2 installed. Is there any way to only require a password only on start up. Or is there a way i can have my passcode off and then have a way to quickly lock it with activator so in case of a emergency no one will be able to access my phone, or have it to were i only need a password on startup and i can just restart my phone to have it locked and secured.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What about in non-emergency situations? Wouldn't you like your device to be locked just in case you misplace it or in case it gets stolen? What about in situations where you just lay it down and a family member or friend picks it up to snoop?

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
You could try activator like you said. Since Activator has options for various settings you could see if they have a passcode lock setting in there somewhere. I would strongly recommend against it though, it leaves your phone incredibly unsafe.

A better solution in my opinion would be to use a tweak like CleverPin. It disables passcode lock for certain wifi networks (you decide which networks, so you could set your home wifi to have no pass code for example). But the moment you leave the network pass ode lock comes back. That might achieve what you want in a safer way.

If not that, sorry, I do not know of any other tweaks that could help you.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner