How can I have my phone alert me when I get an email?
I have an iphone 5c. Not my first iphone & never had this problem with the others, but my email does not update automatically, only when I touch the mail icon will the email start downloading. I have it on push, I've compared it to my husbands iphone 5c that also gets email, but does not have the same problems I am having. Also when touching the mail icon, all these pop-ups come up for me to dismiss or read. How do I get rid of those & just have my phone alert me when I get an email instead of having to manually touch the mail icon to get my email?
- 08-11-2014, 11:06 AM #2
Re: phone 5c email notifications
Popups? Are you using the native Mail app? Can you post screenshots of the popups you are referring to? As for having the phone alert you to received email, do the following:
1. Go to Settings - Notifications Mail and then make sure that "Allow Notifications" is enabled.
2. Scroll down to your specific email account and then tap on it.
3. Verify or edit the "Notification Sound" by tapping on it and then tapping on the one you prefer.
4. If you want a number badge to display on the native Mail app's icon, enable "Badge App Icon".
5. If you want the alert to display on the lock screen, enable it.
6. Under "Alert Style When Unlocked", choose "Alerts".
- By OBF in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 38Last Post: 08-20-2014, 04:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-11-2014, 10:41 AM
- By moparherb in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 08:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 05:07 AM
- By Bibek Malla in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2014, 09:44 AM