- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
How can I contact Apple to avoid unwanted iCloud charges?
I no longer have an iPhone, however, I received a text stating ICloud was going to charge me for some data usage. In trying to call them, I am asked for a device serial number which I no longer have. How can I reach them to discuss this? Without canceling my card, how can I avoid these charges?
- 08-10-2014, 01:57 PM #2
Re: Unwanted iCloud charges
Why would Apple charge you for "data usage"? That seems more like a carrier issue. Furthermore, Apple allows for a certain amount of free iCloud "storage" space, and if you approach or reach that limit you will get a low storage space error and will more than likely be unable to backup to iCloud. Having said that, if you purchased additional iCloud storage space or someone with your iCloud credentials purchased additional iCloud storage space then yes, you will be charged. To rectify the problem, call Apple.
- 08-10-2014, 01:58 PM #3
Re: How can I contact Apple to avoid unwanted iCloud charges?
Welcome to iMore. Did you purchase more space on iCloud Pryor to you getting a different phone? Did you wipe all your credentials from the iPhone before selling or trading it? Have you considered the text may have been spam/scam? Something smells Phishy! Call Apple Support and tell them. There is no iCloud number.
- By David Richard3 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-09-2014, 03:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2014, 10:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2014, 11:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2014, 05:52 PM
- By SaranyaPWT in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2014, 07:15 AM