How can I contact Apple to avoid unwanted iCloud charges?

jfishalot4

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I no longer have an iPhone, however, I received a text stating ICloud was going to charge me for some data usage. In trying to call them, I am asked for a device serial number which I no longer have. How can I reach them to discuss this? Without canceling my card, how can I avoid these charges?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unwanted iCloud charges

Why would Apple charge you for "data usage"? That seems more like a carrier issue. Furthermore, Apple allows for a certain amount of free iCloud "storage" space, and if you approach or reach that limit you will get a low storage space error and will more than likely be unable to backup to iCloud. Having said that, if you purchased additional iCloud storage space or someone with your iCloud credentials purchased additional iCloud storage space then yes, you will be charged. To rectify the problem, call Apple.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fcontact%2F&token=8fc8MCul

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Did you purchase more space on iCloud Pryor to you getting a different phone? Did you wipe all your credentials from the iPhone before selling or trading it? Have you considered the text may have been spam/scam? Something smells Phishy! Call Apple Support and tell them. There is no iCloud number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR