How can I do an iCloud Backup when I keep getting a low storage space error?

I

iMore Question

Every night I get the message 'Not Enough Storage this iphone cannot be backed up because there is not enough icloud storage available. you can manage your storage in settings' when I follow the path to increasing storage it asks for a payment to be made - surely I don't have to pay any additional money to back up my phone? So how do I back it up?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Every night I get the message 'Not Enough Storage this iphone cannot be backed up because there is not enough icloud storage available. you can manage your storage in settings' when I follow the path to increasing storage it asks for a payment to be made - surely I don't have to pay any additional money to back up my phone? So how do I back it up?
Welcome to iMore! You will need to delete some things from your phone. Songs, photos, apps, videos and etc. you can buy more space in iCloud if you have used up your free 5 gb. Or, you can use cloud based apps like Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and others to store photos and documents, then delete those from your phone. Delete apps you don't use. Delete all your messages. If you want to back up to iCloud, you will either have to reduce what you have currently on your phone, or buy more space. Using Dropbox and Box helps a lot. :)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Doing an iCloud backup doesn't free up space on your phone, it just makes a backup of certain things on it and puts it into the cloud. I suggest doing what Led said by using Dropbox or other services like it to put documents and photos into, then delete them off the phone. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73