Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iOS 8 Battery problems / iTunes connectivity

Hi guys,

I'm having a pretty weird issue with iOS 8 beta.

1) My phone will not charge properly. When I plug it in, it takes far longer than it usually would do to charge (for example - last night I plugged it in at 2200, and by 0700 the next morning it was only at 57%).

2) Whilst charging the phone becomes excessively hot.

3) The battery, when unplugged, is incredibly sporadic. Even when not using the phone and on airplane mode it will jump from 30% to maybe 18%, almost instantaneously.

I've tried absolutely everything possible. Ive tried a settings reset, a network settings reset, a complete reset (erase all content and settings) - none of this seems to help.

This leads me to my next point.

The iPhone isnt recognised by any Mac. I've plugged it into at least 3 now, and it just wont register with iTunes. It doesnt even start charging. I've tried different cables etc. Unfortunately im living in Malaysia (I'm from UK) for a month so am unable to use it with Xcode etc., itunes is my only option. DFU mode just doesnt work (wont enter it - tried multiple times), it turns itself on too quickly, and recovery mode isnt recognised by the mac.

When I do put it in recovery mode, the logo of the lightning cable and itunes lasts for about 3 seconds, then just fades on the screen and is replaced by the Apple logo, and the phone just switches itself on.

I know it was incredibly foolish to put iOS 8 on my everyday iPhone but I was testing for my apps at the time.

Does anyone have any advice? Is there anyone who can think of any potential solutions besides replacing the phone? Please - I'm desperate now!

Thanks everyone - and sorry for the essay!

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: iOS 8 Battery problems / iTunes connectivity

Almost sounds like a hardware not a software issue but if it started when you installed iOS 8, then probably is software.
    No suggestions other than trying different cables, USB ports to see if that will get iTunes to recognize it.