iOS 8 Battery problems / iTunes connectivity

I

iMore Question

Hi guys,

I'm having a pretty weird issue with iOS 8 beta.

1) My phone will not charge properly. When I plug it in, it takes far longer than it usually would do to charge (for example - last night I plugged it in at 2200, and by 0700 the next morning it was only at 57%).

2) Whilst charging the phone becomes excessively hot.

3) The battery, when unplugged, is incredibly sporadic. Even when not using the phone and on airplane mode it will jump from 30% to maybe 18%, almost instantaneously.

I've tried absolutely everything possible. Ive tried a settings reset, a network settings reset, a complete reset (erase all content and settings) - none of this seems to help.

This leads me to my next point.

The iPhone isnt recognised by any Mac. I've plugged it into at least 3 now, and it just wont register with iTunes. It doesnt even start charging. I've tried different cables etc. Unfortunately im living in Malaysia (I'm from UK) for a month so am unable to use it with Xcode etc., itunes is my only option. DFU mode just doesnt work (wont enter it - tried multiple times), it turns itself on too quickly, and recovery mode isnt recognised by the mac.

When I do put it in recovery mode, the logo of the lightning cable and itunes lasts for about 3 seconds, then just fades on the screen and is replaced by the Apple logo, and the phone just switches itself on.

I know it was incredibly foolish to put iOS 8 on my everyday iPhone but I was testing for my apps at the time.

Does anyone have any advice? Is there anyone who can think of any potential solutions besides replacing the phone? Please - I'm desperate now!

Thanks everyone - and sorry for the essay!