How has the innovation of the iphone affected smartphone users?

I

iMore Question

how has the innovation of the iphone affected smartphone users?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the release of the iPhone allowed people to see that a smart device can be more than a personal information manager. It allowed us to glimpse the future of the way we communicate and engage in commerce, to name a few....:)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone had a seismic effect on the industry:

dajy7e7e.jpg

On Android:
6ena5una.jpg

And ofcourse on Samsung:
3ate7ege.jpg

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the iPhone helped a lot of people switch over to the smartphone from there flip phones that might have hesitated with thoughts of smartphones being to complicated

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It has effected users in all the ways previously stated, but also made us more lazy ;P Now all we have to do is talk to our phone and it can set a reminder, call someone, text someone, search the internet, and a billion other things. I think it has had a positive impact, but no one can deny it has made us a little more lazy in general :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Indeed the iPhone has affected the smartphone industry in a positive way. Even though my first smartphone was a Blackberry, probably because when the iPhone was first released it was only available on the AT&T network and back then you could not take your phone number with you, I decided to go with a Blackberry. IMO the innovation and the ease of use that the iPhone offers, allows consumers of all ages to operate their iPhones easily. The standard that the iPhone has set is/was very high. The smartphone industry is closing the gap, but IMHO the iPhone is still the BEST "real world" everyday device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2