How to delete Apple ID then create new on on iP 4

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. My wife has an iphone 4 and is currently using my Apple ID to access the App Store and iTunes. I want to delete her off of her device only and set her up with a completely new Apple ID, without disturbing my account which I'm using on my mini and 5S. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I looked online, but the answers seemed a little vague. Thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only way to do it from the iPhone is to use the mobile Safari and go to appleid.apple.com and then select "Create an Apple ID". Once you're all set up, go to Setting - iTunes & App Store and then tap on the current Apple ID listed next to "Apple ID". Afterwards, tap on "Sign Out". After that, enter the Apple ID and passcode you just created.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The only way to do it from the iPhone is to use the mobile Safari and go to appleid.apple.com and then select "Create an Apple ID". Once you're all set up, go to Setting - iTunes & App Store and then tap on the current Apple ID listed next to "Apple ID". Afterwards, tap on "Sign Out". After that, enter the Apple ID and passcode you just created.

Ok. Thanks. But I want to make sure that it doesn't delete MY Apple ID in the process. I'm wondering if a complete data wipe would work and then just start from scratch and create a brand new ID that way. I realize I'd have to do a Google sync before the wipe to get her contacts. What do you think? Thanks for you response.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How would it delete your Apple ID? You will be creating a new one and I am assuming you will be using a different credit/debit card or gift card for the new account. Also, after the process is finished, you will simply "logout" of your account on her device and then login with hers. Your device and your current Apple ID will not be affected.

Last edited:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
No, it will not delete your Apple ID. It will just remove it from your device until you put it back on there. Your account is fine.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
No, it will not delete your Apple ID. It will just remove it from your device until you put it back on there. Your account is fine.

Agreed. Even if you do a full restore, your Apple ID won't be deleted. Your ID is just an account, and from my knowledge, there is not a way to delete one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To note, unless you're splitting up, it's best to share an iTunes Apple ID. You get to share paid items like apps and songs. You can do that and have separate iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime accounts.
But iOS 8 will take care of that. I keep forgetting about that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73