Has anyone used unlock services?

wulahn

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm trying to unlock an iPhone 4s from AT&T to use on T-Mobile. I purchased it off ebay. I've contacted AT&T several times to try and get it unlocked despite not being a customer. I've come to the conclusion that I must buy an unlock from a 3rd party.

I've paid iDeviceGuys [redacted] to unlock it, however, I believe it's probably a scam.

I'm looking into other sites such as
att-iphone-unlock.com [Redacted]
cellunlocker.net [redacted]

Has anyone used these services recently? How was your experience?

Last edited by a moderator:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore wulahn

We don't recommend any service in General and don't offer an unlock service here on iMore but you do have options now that the Government is changing the law to make it legal to unlock your cellphone

wulahn

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Out of curiosity, how do these people who advertise unlocking services even get them unlocked? Is it some sort of at&t inside connection? or perhaps something else?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Chronic Unlocks is pretty well regarded in the unlocking world. I've also used Unlock Streak (they were giving away a free unlock every few days here in the forums a while ago) on my iPhone 5 successfully. Good luck!

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Chronic Unlocks is pretty well regarded in the unlocking world. I've also used Unlock Streak (they were giving away a free unlock every few days here in the forums a while ago) on my iPhone 5 successfully. Good luck!

DO NOT TRUST CHRONIC UNLOCKS!!!

I have used them and Cellunlocker.net and because of a $5 difference I went with ChronicUnlocks and got ripped off! They/He refuses to reply back to emails concerning issues for days and will not refund your money if it doesn't work (even though their refund policy says they will)...he will flat out argue with you and call you a liar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2