Is it possible to upgrade my iPad to iOS 7+?
my ipad is of version 5.1.1 and model MC496FD is it possible to upgrade it to a new version. Some other application require me to upgrade it to a greater version ie 7.0.0
- 08-04-2014, 04:24 AM #2
re: Is it possible to upgrade my iPad to iOS 7+?
You have a 2nd Generation iPad. The answer is yes! You can upgrade to iOS 7! You can do it OTA with a Wifi connection by going to Settings > General > Software Update and following instructions from there. Make sure you have over 50% battery, or your device is plugged in with a power cable!
The other way is through iTunes. Plug your phone in via a USB Cable, and you should be prompted on your computer to download a software update for your device! (Should end up being 7.1.2) After it finishes downloading, it will start installing onto your device. You'll be able to tell when this is happening by looking at your device. It should be constantly turning on and off, with the Apple logo on screen, and occasionally a progress bar. Make sure not to unplug your device for any reason during this time..!
Good luck updating your iPad! iOS 7 is a big step up from iOS 5.
Hope I helped, at least a bit.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2014, 10:27 PM
- By Stevdf in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2014, 11:15 AM
- By raficbeydoun15 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-04-2014, 10:16 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2014, 08:47 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2014, 08:40 AM