Will Apple make a future iPod Touch?

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
With Ipod sales decreasing more and more, will Apple make a future Ipod touch? I think Tim Cook said awhile back that the Ipod business was decreasing.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Future of the Ipod

I know a lot of people who use BlackBerry devices who use iPod Touch for apps and media. So while a lot of people use their phones for media there is still a market for a Touch.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon.. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Think they'll still make the iPod touch, there isn't a good enough reason for them to get rid of it.

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

The iPod touch definitely has a market. Think of it as a iPhone sized ipad. Or maybe a way for non smart phone users to still use apps.

tmb2013

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the Touch will be around for a very long while.

They still sell a ton of them.

I need to replace my 4gen soon and am looking at the 5th, trying to decide whether to bite now on the 5th or will the refresh updates on next gen be sufficient to justify holding on and waiting.

Decisions .....

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I need to replace my 4gen soon and am looking at the 5th, trying to decide whether to bite now on the 5th or will the refresh updates on next gen be sufficient to justify holding on and waiting.

Decisions .....

I would wait

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same. Unless your other iPod is broken, I would say wait until the iPod Touch 6.

I got my 5th gen near launch day, The Source just got a shipment of 32 GB iPod touches in the night before I went so I got the colour I wanted (slate black). It's been a good little video player for me, it's thin and light so it's easy to hold and the screen was awesome compared to the 4S I had at the time when I got my iPod touch. Now I use my iPod touch for beta testing iOS.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Decisions .....

We are close enough to September so you could wait and see if it gets updated. Or if you can't wait get the cheap 16Gb iPod touch 5 just in case they do update. That way you haven't invested too much money either way.

Sent from my iPad

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
We are close enough to September so you could wait and see if it gets updated. Or if you can't wait get the cheap 16Gb iPod touch 5 just in case they do update. That way you haven't invested too much money either way.

Sent from my iPad

The iPods are now released in October, but I agree with what you said. If you need one that bad, just buy the cheap 16 GB and then wait for the 6th generation and buy that one.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPods are now released in October, but I agree with what you said. If you need one that bad, just buy the cheap 16 GB and then wait for the 6th generation and buy that one.

Don't they usually get announced during the iPhone event in September?

I meant that the OP would know soon enough if there is going to be a newer version.

Sent from my iPod touch using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711