How Can I Unlock My iPhone 4S?

I

iMore Question

I recently bought an iPhone 4S that's locked to verizon which is on iOS 7.1 and I want to unlock it so I can use my T-Mobile SIM card in it.

I've tried looking for ways to unlock my phone but so far all I'm finding are scams or stuff that don't work so I was wondering if anybody here would know a cheap way to unlock my iphone.
Preferably less that $30, hardware or factory unlock doesn't matter.

Thanks.

imtawsif

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I looked it up on the tmobile website they said it has to be a tmobile phone but the phone I have is verizon iphone so I need to use some other method.

Are there any other ways to unlock your iphone like hardware unlocking or 3rd party factory unlocking?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you link me to the cheapest one you know of? (That uses paypal)
The cheapest will most likely be from your wireless provider. Contact your wireless provider and ask them to unlock your device for you.

imtawsif

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure t mobile is unable to unlock verizon phones (I looked it up on their website). Plus I'm only 15, I'm not really keen on calling phone companies, I prefer to just pay for everything using paypal. What's the cheapest way to unlock without calling my wireless provider?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure t mobile is unable to unlock verizon phones (I looked it up on their website). Plus I'm only 15, I'm not really keen on calling phone companies, I prefer to just pay for everything using paypal. What's the cheapest way to unlock without calling my wireless provider?

I personally don't know of any such companies, however, being that you're only 15, it is recommended that you have your parent(s) take care of things like this...:)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Get Verizon. I've had them for 10 years.

I would get Verizon, but for me, they are just too expensive. In my area I get excellent coverage for 4G LTE and talk, so paying extra for a contact on Verizon doesn't appeal to me. Verizon does have the best coverage out of any carrier I have looked at though, I have to give them that. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon can unlock a 4S, but only for international use... A Verizon 4S can not - repeat - CAN NOT be unlocked by Verizon for use on any other USA-based carrier.

giannipax

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
is it the same for AT&T..... I've been trying to unlock an Iphone 4 to be used with an Italian sim with no luck at all............any suggestion?

Thanx

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234