My iPod Touch 5g will not restore. Can you help me?

I

iMore Question

hi I've bought a ipod touch 5g when plugged into the charger it shows the connect to itunes symbol but then when i connect to itunes i doesnt recognise it until i put it into dfu mode. Then when i do a restore it gets about half way through and then the ipod disconnects from the computer and I get the error message 4005. The guy who I got it off said he had just had it jailbroke any help as to what I can do to restore it. cheers

Jamie Goodwill

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
already tried all of them didnt work, can an ipod touch 5g be jailbroke tethered thinking maybe that it needs to boot from the jailbreak program if so what tethered jailbreaks are used for ipod touch 5g so i can try cheers for the help

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
already tried all of them didnt work, can an ipod touch 5g be jailbroke tethered thinking maybe that it needs to boot from the jailbreak program if so what tethered jailbreaks are used for ipod touch 5g so i can try cheers for the help

No tethered jailbreaks are available for the 5th gen iPod touch.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

None are available as of now. Are you still facing the same problem?

Jamie Goodwill

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
have tried restoring to 7.1.2 the problem is when its restoring it gets to waiting for ipod then the ipod disconnects from the computer and doesnt reconnect

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
have tried restoring to 7.1.2 the problem is when its restoring it gets to waiting for ipod then the ipod disconnects from the computer and doesnt reconnect

also comes up with error 4005

Sounds like your USB ports on your computer are going idle before your iPod starts restoring. This could be cause by power saving settings on your computer. I can't remember how to change them since it's been a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods