So I need to buy another Airport express?

I

iMore Question

HI everyone

I just moved flat and i am trying to set up again my Airport express.
Due to the location of the plugs and of my devices I can't however reproduce the exact same configuration as I had previously.
Basically, the only thing that I want to be able to do is to play on my hi-fi (which is not airplay) from either my Imac, my iPad, my iPod or my iPhone.
I currently only have one airport express (about 1y and a few months old) which in my previous flat was connected both in Ethernet to my wifi router and to my Hi-fi.
I Can't do that anymore as there is no plug for my Wifi router close to my hifi (there is one close to my iMac).
Does that mean I need to buy another airport express (or extreme) such as to connect one to the wifi router in Ethernet and connect the other one to my hifi?
Could anyone explain me how to set this up? In the future I would like to be able to choose and play from any of my devices either to my hifi or to other airplay speakers which I am planning to buy.

thanks a lot in advance for your help!
take care

anne

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Airport express physical configuration

HI everyone

I just moved flat and i am trying to set up again my Airport express.
Due to the location of the plugs and of my devices I can't however reproduce the exact same configuration as I had previously.
Basically, the only thing that I want to be able to do is to play on my hi-fi (which is not airplay) from either my Imac, my iPad, my iPod or my iPhone.
I currently only have one airport express (about 1y and a few months old) which in my previous flat was connected both in Ethernet to my wifi router and to my Hi-fi.
I Can't do that anymore as there is no plug for my Wifi router close to my hifi (there is one close to my iMac).
Does that mean I need to buy another airport express (or extreme) such as to connect one to the wifi router in Ethernet and connect the other one to my hifi?
Could anyone explain me how to set this up? In the future I would like to be able to choose and play from any of my devices either to my hifi or to other airplay speakers which I am planning to buy.

thanks a lot in advance for your help!
take care

anne
Welcome to iMore! I don't know much about Airport Express. Hopefully someone will help you soon.