Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By warcraftWidow
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Red face 13-inch MacBook Air, or...? [Graphic Designers welcome]

I'll make this a really simple question as I am looking for a very straightforward answer.
    Eventually, I will be getting into graphic design and I want to buy a Mac soon.

The usual graphic design work that I want to begin doing, is basic web design [maybe], Photoshop work like Typography art and Logo Design,
    maybe even a few graphic drawings here and there but I doubt I will be doing any heavy graphic design work in the next three years.

So I want to buy a new Mac, that will last me for at least three years, before I decide to update it, that is preferably portable, but can get the job done.

Here's what I was thinking, as advised by someone... the new 13-inch MacBook Air but with Intel Core i7 and 8GB of RAM.

I'm looking for something inexpensive, I don't want to go beyond 1,200 on my first purchase, maybe even way less than that.. As long as I can run Photoshop
    with no complications, and it could last me for an average of three years.

I hope this is an easy question to answer as I'm not very experienced with MacBook talk about memory and all that but I'm a fast learner so feel free to give any great suggestions.

Default Re: 13-inch MacBook Air, or...? [Graphic Designers welcome]

You forgot to post the actual question...

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: 13-inch MacBook Air, or...? [Graphic Designers welcome]

That suggestion sounds about right. It should last 3 years with no problems. My only concern is that you may find that 13" is too small for some graphic design work, but if that's the case you could always get an external monitor to use when you needed the e tea screen real estate.
    rdubmu likes this.