should I not activate the iPhone so it will be easier to unlock a different way?

caremail0

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I want to get some advice/help from you all.

I bought an AT&T iPhone 5s 64GB on craigslist from the original owner. I tried to get it unlocked using AT&T unlock request online since I am a previous AT&T member. I submitted a few requests because I was having issues getting a confirmation email so now it keeps denying me an unlock because it says "We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period"

I called AT&T and they are no help because they say the cannot find my number in the system. The original owner also tried to do the request and got the same message as me. AT&T said its because there were too many request on the imei of the phone. The original owner says AT&T said the iPhone is out of contract.

The iPhone has warranty on it and I got a Replacement one through apple which has a new imei number. The new iPhone I got is unactivated. I want to unlock it to use for Tmobile. I tried putting a tmobile sim in it to activate it but it didnt work.

My question is, Should I activate it with my friend's AT&T sim card and have my friend submit the device unlock request for this replacement iPhone? (Not sure if it will unlock for sure)

Or should I not activate the iPhone so it will be easier to unlock it a different way?

Thanks!

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlock unactivated Replacement iPhone 5S

I think using the replacement would be a better bet. Take it down to T-Mobile

caremail0

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlock unactivated Replacement iPhone 5S

T-mobile said it is illegal for them to unlock the iPhone from a different carrier. :/

Any other ideas? I know there's 3rd party unlocks but they are so expensive!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative