Can you help me break the passcode on a phone I just found so I can use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

Hi i got an i phone 4 on road, Before u say, return it u thief ....But i want to use it pls tell me how to use it.......and how break that pass word......a nd pls ha reply

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: I got an i phone 4 on Road......

Hi i got an i phone 4 on road, Before u say, return it u thief ....But i want to use it pls tell me how to use it.......and how break that pass word......a nd pls ha reply

If it's password locked you can't break the password.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

1. Notify local police and report the found iPhone.
2. If it were your lost device, I'm sure you'd want the person who found it to turn it in so that you could possibly retrieve it.
3. Try not to go to a forum and ask members to assist you in breaking in to a found iPhone and demand that they not tell you to basically do the right thing.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Just because you found it doesn't make it yours. Turn it in to the proper authorities where you live. You can not use it anyway. There is no way to break into a locked phone. Go do the right thing!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Hi. I would say my normal greeting of 'welcome to iMore' but you are asking us to help you break into a device that isn't yours, so i'm not going to.

Instead, I will tell you to go to the Police with the phone. As others have said, if you lost a phone, you'd hope that some kind person would turn it in to the Police, right? Well, be a nice person and so the same.

You sound like you're a young person by your use of language and I would hope that your parents have raised you to know what's right.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Very surprised you would even consider trying to use it

A cellphone is a personal communication device it belongs to someone and someone only

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Return it. Just because you want to use it doesn't mean it's right.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Give it back, stolen devices aren't yours. Report it to the police.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

The "Schoolyard" Paradigm of "Finders-Keepers, Losers-Weepers" is illegal in real life. Return it to the police and maybe if they find the person and they don't want it, then and only then can you try to see if the original owner will allow it somehow.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Aren't you glad you came to a forum to get told by a bunch of vigilanties what to do? (tongue in cheek)

I'm not going to judge someones morality. If you don't want to return the phone and feel okay with keeping it, keep it. Enjoy. Unfortunately, unless you guess the password, there is no way to use the phone and its essentially useless, so thats a shame. You can try selling it online and duping someone into buying it, that happens all the time too, unfortunatly. #educateyourself

The morals behind this shouldn't be really judged. Hell, if most of us found a wad of cash on the street, we would keep it. You're lying if you say you wouldn't think about it.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Aren't you glad you came to a forum to get told by a bunch of vigilanties what to do? (tongue in cheek)

I'm not going to judge someones morality. If you don't want to return the phone and feel okay with keeping it, keep it. Enjoy. Unfortunately, unless you guess the password, there is no way to use the phone and its essentially useless, so thats a shame. You can try selling it online and duping someone into buying it, that happens all the time too, unfortunatly. #educateyourself

The morals behind this shouldn't be really judged. Hell, if most of us found a wad of cash on the street, we would keep it. You're lying if you say you wouldn't think about it.

I agree with this. It's your decision, but deep down you know the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.