Do I need a different iPad Mini to access the Internet when away from home?

I

iMore Question

Hi there, I have an ipad mini and would like to use the internet on it when I'm away from home ie on the train and in the car etc. I went to The Carphone Wharehouse after looking on the internet and asked them about a 'data sim'. I was told that I would need another device to access the internet as well as the sim and this other device would cost me a one off payment of ?50 then I could use a pay as you go sim. A friend told me that I should just be able to put the sim in the ipad and I should be up and running! Who is correct?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ipad mini help please

If you do have the iPad mini wifi + cellular then you can go to your carrier's store and get a SIM card and a data plan for your iPad mini.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

If you have a Wifi model(without sim) and also IF you have iPhone, then hotspot is the best bet. Good luck

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

In some countries tethering internet (that is making your iPhone a hotspot so it can share internet with other devices) is free, so I would advice for you to check out if your carrier offers that, otherwise ask if you can purchase that service from your carrier. Certainly you don't "NEED to" buy another iPad, there are many other options and less expensive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR