My iphone was stolen. Can the thieves remove icloud?

I

iMore Question

Okay, so my phone was stolen and I got a location of where it was. I filed a police report etc.
What I'm worried about is if the thieves can somehow remove the icloud block I've placed on the phone.
THanks!!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Go to iCloud.com on any device sign into find my phone and tap on Erase all data as soon as possible this will ensure that your data is not compromise

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so my phone was stolen and I got a location of where it was. I filed a police report etc.
Excellent.
What I'm worried about is if the thieves can somehow remove the icloud block I've placed on the phone.
THanks!!
Unless they know your iCloud credentials, the iCloud activation lock should hold, and they'll have a brick in the form of an iPhone. I'm sure we'll see a post or two seeking help to bypass it...:)

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I heard some guys selling iCloud remove service, and if the phone is erased on iCloud.com, they can't remove it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had one iPhone 5 stolen and learned a real hard lesson. Always lock your phone with a password that if they don't get it right after 10 attempts, the phone will erase all data. When my iPhone 5 was stolen, they were able to get into my iTunes and changed something's around. Lucky for me, I never give out bank account details and always use a prepaid debt card with no money on it. They attempted to make iTunes purchases but came up empty handed when the purchase was declined. Always keep a lock on your phone and make sure it auto locks after a few minutes of non activity. Also disable access to Siri on the lock screen. Very little should be accessed through the lock screen.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had one iPhone 5 stolen and learned a real hard lesson. Always lock your phone with a password that if they don't get it right after 10 attempts, the phone will erase all data. When my iPhone 5 was stolen, they were able to get into my iTunes and changed something's around. Lucky for me, I never give out bank account details and always use a prepaid debt card with no money on it. They attempted to make iTunes purchases but came up empty handed when the purchase was declined. Always keep a lock on your phone and make sure it auto locks after a few minutes of non activity. Also disable access to Siri on the lock screen. Very little should be accessed through the lock screen.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Excellent advice, and thank you for sharing your experience with us...:)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, I'm thankful for Touch ID. Quick & easy unlock for me but my pass code is always on. If your phone is stolen go to iCloud.com to erase your phone but if you do that no one can find it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro