Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rdiddy_25
  • 1 Post By shelaaussie
  • 1 Post By kataran
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default My iphone is frozen and won't allow me to do anything. Can you help?

My lock button isn't working, the home button is also not working. I cant get to the home screen to do anything. I tried to hold down the lock button so the phone will turn off so I can restart it but no matter how long I hold it for it just wont turn off. Please help.

Default re: My iphone is frozen and won't allow me to do anything. Can you help?

HI, hold your power button and home button at same time till you see Apple logo.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default re: My iphone is frozen and won't allow me to do anything. Can you help?

Since both buttons don't work, let the battery drain and it will reset once it turns off. May want to make a Genius Bar appointment for a repair if u are still under warranty.

Global Posts
    16,385 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Try plugging your device in and hold the power button and home button together until you see the Apple logo. I suggest making a Genius Bar appointment.
    iMore Newbie

You can check if this is software issue or buttons are really dead by removing and re-installing the iPhone's battery, and then trying to power on the phone.

Sent from iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default My iphone is frozen and won't allow me to do anything. Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by xStagGx View Post
    You can check if this is software issue or buttons are really dead by removing and re-installing the iPhone's battery, and then trying to power on the phone.

Sent from iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Sounds so simple, why didn't I think of that
    kataran likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: My iphone is frozen and won't allow me to do anything. Can you help?

First time on this site and this one sentence worked quickly and effectively immediately! I have had the phone for a week and remembering all that I was shown in a few hours still has not sunken in so thanks for the CORRECT info. and I will remember from now on to "hold down both buttons at the same time"! You saved my day!
    kataran likes this.

Global Posts
    6,652 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: My iphone is frozen and won't allow me to do anything. Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by shelaaussie View Post
    First time on this site and this one sentence worked quickly and effectively immediately! I have had the phone for a week and remembering all that I was shown in a few hours still has not sunken in so thanks for the CORRECT info. and I will remember from now on to "hold down both buttons at the same time"! You saved my day!
    Welcome to iMore shela

Our members are always glad to help and the procedure you performed is called a Hard Reset

Glad your back up and running

Enjoy and Post Often 😀
    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    H A W K likes this.