Is there a workaround from preventing the FaceBook App becoming larger each time I open it?

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

is there a workaround from preventing the FaceBook App becoming bigger and bigger each time it has been opened?!
Unfortunately I'm on a 8GB iPhone right now and this issue is becoming really annoying... :not-interested:

Kind regards,

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello Tilman,

Unfortunately, you cannot do much except deleting and re-installing again. Also, try not to upload photos on FB from iPhone as this increases the size.

Good luck!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're jailbroken then you can use an awesome tweak which is called iCleaner which removes these caches and lot more stuff and can do this also in schedule with activator, so I save lot of memory ;)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it's just available in US and nowhere else in the world WTF are they thinking? seriously

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
You can also just download a program called CM Security from the App store.. It removes all the junk cached files on your idevice.. And it does clear out the Facebook app nicely! I love it and run it once a week, havent run in to any problems with it.

RescueEmt911

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You could also use the application PhoneClean, which removes those files and also other stuff. I used the app one year ago and was very happy with it, but since I have the Jailbrake app iCleaner Pro which does the same on the device automatically I don't use it anymore.

Here's the link:
http://www.imobie.de/phoneclean/

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
FaceBook App becomes bigger and bigger

C M Security works really well. I don't need to delete Facebook anymore to delete cache. But I don't do the RAM thing. iOS does great managing RAM. Just the cleaner part.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

tokekijo

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Why can't I find CM Security or Phone Clean in the App Store?
Is it only in US app store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
FaceBook App becomes bigger and bigger

Why can't I find CM Security or Phone Clean in the App Store?
Is it only in US app store?

I checked, and C M Security has been pulled from the App Store. It is still on my screen and shows in my purchased list, but when I tap on it in the purchased list, there's nothing there. I entered it in the search as well. Not there. The other one was probably removed as well. Apple/iTunes must not have liked those! Looks like to get rid of Facebook cache, you will need to delete the app, then download it back.

tokekijo

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Aahhh so that's why
Daammmmmnn..I thought I could clear up some space for my iphone without uninstalling

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
:coffee: well... I ended up with wiping my iPhone and so far I'm fine, I've installed FaceBook and started it once to complete the integration (I like the calendar entries showing up on my calendar App) but haven't used it since. Probably won't use it again, it's good for notifications and I can always check them out on my iPad or MacBook anyway.

Right now I have 4.5GB free space which is defiantly more as those lousy 500MB before :party:

Thanks again at everybody who shared his/her thoughts with me! :tongue:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You think Facebook is bad? Well, at least TapaTalk has a delete cache option. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405974388.143216.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW