Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Angry Has my phone been jail broke, hacked or hosted ??? (Not good with the lingo)

I don't understand why people do this jail breaking, hacking ect. For a while my phone has been very slightly different, just not quite right! Is it just to have acces to my info? How do I know whether this has been carried out on my phone and where the source came from. There is a sub host envolved and developer apps, my internet searches are directing me to wherever is intended. I feel as if I've had to do an i.t degree to get this far. Pls help I feel as if I'm going round the bend or at least very paranoid lol. Many thanks
    iMore Genius

4,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,116 Global Posts

Default Has my phone been jail broke, hacked or hosted ??? (Not good with the lingo)

Hi there. I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Jail breaking cannot be done without access to your device.

Has your phone been locked? If locked has someone else had access to your password?

Exactly what kind of odd behaviour have you observed?

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Default Re: Has my phone been jail broke, hacked or hosted ??? (Not good with the lingo)

People normally jailbreak their own phones. It allows them to add tweaks that the apple ecosystem won't allow. I have personally never heard of someone's phone being jailbroken against their wishes or control. think you may be a bit paranoid on this one.