Why won't my iPhone sync or even show up via iTunes?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I reinstalled the driver just in case and when I plugged the iphone in it said installing driver then it saw apple device, but no go on itunes seeing it still.

Try one more thing, please. disconnect the iPhone from the computer and then reboot the computer. After it boots up completely, initial the computer's iTunes app and then re-attach the iPhone to your computer. Hopefully, iTunes will detect it.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
1. What kind of computer do you have and what operating system is it running?
2. Do you have a different charging cable to use just in case the one you are currently using is defective, especially if iTunes isn't detecting the device.

Yeah, she tried step 2, step 1 was going to be my next question lol

Also Evelyn, when connecting the iPhone to your computer, check the iPhone screen, sometimes when connecting a device to a new computer it will show an onscreen message asking you to "trust" the computer you just connected the device to, after "trusting" then it'll show on iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How will I get back to this chat box?

1. Logback in to forums.imore.com when the computer boots back up or
2. Install the iMore Forums app on your iPhone, login, tap on the 3 lines in the upper left corner and then tap on "Participated". You will see a list of the threads you participated in. Tap on this particular thread. You can read and reply directly from the app.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No go. I guess I am making a trip to Apple tonight

I'm sorry we couldn't better assist you, Evelyn and I hope your trip to the Apple Store will prove to be worth it. Update is when you can, please and good luck. Be sure to tell the geniuses at the Apple Store how far you travelled. Take care...:)

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
iphone won't sync

I had a 4s that i bought my daughter that wouldn't sync with itunes. Now my old 4s that I am giving to my other daughter won't sync. What are the chances?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for your help
You're very welcome

anyone still checking this forum?
Please understand that the people who peruse this forum are volunteers, and have lives outside of iMore. Being that this is the weekend, it's safe to assume that a good deal of us are spending quality time with our families and friends. Having said that, please be patient. Someone will reply when it is convenient for them. Thanks

Is this forum still active?

Yes, it is...:)

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Phone seems to work fine. AT&T won't take the phone back or exchange it. They say I have to go to apple which again is almost an hour away. I have owned it for only about 18 hours and have to drive an hour away.

When did at&t stop having a 14 day return policy? Anyhow try this link ...
Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 5.43.53 AM.png
How to use multiple iPhone, iPad, or iPod devices with one computer

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I didn't read past posts, but *PLEASE* try iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows step 5 before driving an hour away. Basically, you just have to change the driver it's using. Windows frequently installs it's driver over the Apple Mobile Device driver. You need the AppleMobileDevice driver. This fixes it in almost every case I've heard.

Edit: Further, should be under "Update the Apple Mobile Device Driver" Not the easiest thing, but Apple could help walk you through it...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had this issue before and it drive me CRAZY. Number 5 fixed it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Sue Adriaansen

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi I have the same problem except that my iphone used to sync with itunes but doesn't anymore.The cable is fine as my daughters iphone works with it on her itunes.
Not sure what the problem is. Do you have any suggestions?
Kind Regards,
Sue

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods