Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default ihpone 4 shuts off randomly

I have an IPhone 4 that was given to me because the screen was broken, and had charging issues, I had my dad fix both the screen and the charge issue. it worked fine until I switched it from the original att sim to a straight talk sim. I didn't realize it was locked to att so it would turn itself off when I used the straight talk sim, I then fixed theat issue by plugging the phone ion waiting for iTunes to recognize it then unplugged it waited 20 seconds and plugged it back in. it recognized my phone then and unlocked it. About an hour later it began turning itself off randomly, and when I turn it back on it wont stay on until I plug it in and it is forced to stay on then I can unplug it until the next time it shut itself off. Also several hours later I plugged it into my pc and it says "USB device not recognized" and will only bring up iTunes on occasion.........please anyone who has even the slightest Idea of what might be wrong your advice will be appreciated!

Default Re: ihpone 4 shuts off randomly

I've never heard of a device unlocking technique like you mentioned and suspecting it's not truly unlocked. Try inserting your AT&T sim and see if it keeps randomly shutting down and you can also try and call AT&T and see if they can properly unlock your device