- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Why Does My Mac OS X 10.9.4 ,s Alert sound keep ringing non stop
My Alert sound keeps beeping non stop at times , especially when i,am not on line but just checking mail. I tested by changing Alert sounds and the beeping changes .
We just moved house and the Mac is working fine but a little slower .
It seems to be more active when left on mail and just leave the system on without touching , then it starts non stop !! drives me crazy .
- 07-18-2014, 12:29 PM #2
Re: Why Does My Mac OS X 10.9.4 ,s Alert sound keep ringing non stop
Hi Craig, welcome to iMore
To help with your issue just go to "system preferences" --> notifications and check the list of apps that have access to it and the ones with sound and banner turned on. If you don't know which is the one with the beeping, turn them ALL off and just enable one by one or just leave on the ones you really need/use. I went through a similar "issue" recently and it was just an app that kept updating and "notifying me".
Hope that helps, have a nice day
- By EBOBO BOBOBO in forum iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 08-26-2014, 08:05 AM
- By mykalgrant in forum iPhone 5Replies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2014, 11:52 PM
- By naughtyboi in forum iPhone 5Replies: 10Last Post: 07-19-2014, 06:04 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2014, 09:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2014, 07:26 PM