Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By pr1nce
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Iphone Tracking

My friend recently bought an iphone 4s off a kid who was selling it he then claimed she stole it and is trying to track it but he wont give her her money back she doesn't want to be tracked so she turned off find my iphone and turned the cellular data off and location services she isnt planning on using any of that but she wants to connect to wifi but shes wondering if she does would that give off her location and would the iphone be able to be tracked or not since she turned the other stuff off?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

Default Re: Iphone Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    My friend recently bought an iphone 4s off a kid who was selling it he then claimed she stole it and is trying to track it but he wont give her her money back she doesn't want to be tracked so she turned off find my iphone and turned the cellular data off and location services she isnt planning on using any of that but she wants to connect to wifi but shes wondering if she does would that give off her location and would the iphone be able to be tracked or not since she turned the other stuff off?
    This sounds like an extremely shady situation, but if the cell data and wifi are turned off, (Basically airplane mode) the phone can't be tracked. This happened when my Retina iPad Mini was stolen. They put it into Airplane Mode and I couldn't track it.

Default Re: Iphone Tracking

Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*
    * Stolen devices should be reported to your local police and mobile service provider.
    hydrogen3, kataran and Flow39 like this.