I sent a message to a phone #. Will those who share the Apple ID also get it?

I

iMore Question

Hello, I sent an iMessage to someone using his phone number, not apple id...I was wondering since she is sharing apple id with her familly members, did all got my messages? Or since it was sent on his phone number, then no one saw it? If her dad signs in with her apple id to imessage will he be able to see all her conversations ? Thank you in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I sent an iMessage to someone using his phone number, not apple id...I was wondering since she is sharing apple id with her familly members, did all got my messages? Or since it was sent on his phone number, then no one saw it? If her dad signs in with her apple id to imessage will he be able to see all her conversations ? Thank you in advance.

I'd like to think that the message was only received by her, but I'm not certain. In regard to sharing the same Apple ID, does that include iCloud? If not, then I'm certain she is the only person who received the message.

Hye M

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I hope so too but not sure about the icloud sharing:) i just know that her dad knows her apple id and password.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I hope so too but not sure about the icloud sharing:) i just know that her dad knows her apple id and password.

I know my kids' Apple ID & pass codes, too, but I don't check their email, iMessages and stuff like that unless they give me a reason to, in which they haven't, thankfully...:).. I will, however, check their location on occasion.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
If you share an apple id and you receive a message anyone who you have imessage activated with on the same email will get that message

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro