What is the best simple, accurate and straightforward weather app?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Looking for opinions. Something that includes radar. Tired of fussing with multiple. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
The weather channel app (free because of ads) or the weather channel max (3.99)

I've been trying Weather channel but it's never that accurate. Says its raining when it's not and vice versa. Thanks for suggesting though.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Best simple, accurate and straight forward weather app

I like Weather Channel but I also like WeatherBug because of the lighting proximity info and the live cams for conditions in areas around me. I'm outside a lot and it gives me distance of lighting strikes. For me, that's important.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like weather underground for it's accuracy to my location. I get the temp for my immediate "Hood", where most others, including The Weather Channel, get their temp from the airport which is 20 miles from me. It can make a difference. Their map is also more quickly updated. The weather radio is a plus. Many don't get that though.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best simple, accurate and straight forward weather app

I like Weather Channel but I also like WeatherBug because of the lighting proximity info and the live cams for conditions in areas around me. I'm outside a lot and it gives me distance of lighting strikes. For me, that's important.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

+1 for Weatherbug.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have Apple's Weather Channel weather on iOS 8 beta, and I also have Weatherbug. I just installed Weather Underground. WU showed a temp of 94, while both of the other apps showed 88, so I think that I will uninstall WU.

zyzzfyzz

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I like Yahoo Weather and eWeather HD. Both are extremely accurate (eWeather HD has a badge for current weather which I really like).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77