Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default How to store apps to icloud

Hi guys, i'm new to iPhone n hav a qs for u all experts out there. I have iPhone 4s with 8 gb memory. I have downloaded few apps n memory seems to filling up.
    Is there a way i can store my apps in iCloud n still use them on iPhone or how to move apps from iPhone memory to iCloud? Cheers
    iMore Genius

3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Default Re: How to store apps to icloud

You can't use them from iCloud, but as soon as you download an app from the App Store(or you buy anything from apples online digital stores) it is stored automatically for you. So even if the dev pulls his app from the App Store, you can still download it again.

Default Re: How to store apps to icloud

With only 8 gb, which comes to about 6.4 gb after set up, you really have to manage your space. 1. Limit music in your iTunes music library. 2. Limit your "big" apps. For example: The Asphalt 7 racing game would be a bad idea. Any app over 150 mb is bad on an 8 gb phone. 3. Store photos in apps like Dropbox or Box. This stores them in the cloud and off your camera roll. You can include videos and gifs as well. 4. Keep your messages deleted. They will build up and take a lot of space. 5. Delete email. Especially those with photos and videos. I used an 8 gb iPhone 4 for almost 2 years. It's not easy managing storage, but can be done. Even now with 16 gb, I keep many apps I don't use much in my purchased list. I download them on an "as need" basis. Then delete after use. 6. Keep app cache deleted if possible. Some, like Facebook, you have to delete, then reinstall to delete the cache. I've seen Facebook grow to 500 mb. Hope this info helps!

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    pr1nce likes this.