Restore contacts from back up
I recently got my son a new Ipod Touch and when I set it up for him it automatically imported all my contacts from my IPhone 4s.
I backed up my IPhone on ITunes and then the next day I deleted all the contacts from his Ipod however they also deleted from my IPhone.
I then tried to restore my contacts from the back up and when it finishes they are back on my phone for about 20-30 seconds but then they seem to be overwritten by the 4 or 5 contacts that are in Icloud
Any idea how I can get them back onto my phone
- 07-13-2014, 03:33 AM #2
Re: Restore contacts from back up
Hi and welcome to iMore.
You could create a new Apple ID for your son with a password he isn't aware of, if you want to control what apps are installed on his device (we have no idea on his age so can't comment on his maturity level). You can also enable the Restrictions option too to keep a tighter rein on his device, if you want.
Alternatively, To stop your contacts from syncing between devices that share both the same Apple ID and iCloud account, go to Settings > iCloud and make sure Contacts is not enabled.
Or you could keep the Apple ID the same across both devices but create a different iCloud ID for you to sync to.
- By Dan Rice1 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-12-2014, 07:43 PM
- By Guest in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 04:05 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2014, 02:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-11-2014, 06:05 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM