How do I get passed the iCloud Activation Lock?

littleladyx

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi y'all
I have recently bought a phone from someone who told me it was theirs. I got home and charged her up turned it on and said this is a lost iPhone :/ so now I got screwed over bought it for 200$ and I tired to get them to take it back and get get ahold of them. So know I need to know how to get passed iCloud activation screen and get it to the home screen so I can reset the whole phone. I tired to contact owner and they do not want to give me info even if I pay them so what u can do? And if your going to write "nothing" on my thread then do not even bother. If you believe you can generally help me PLEASE I'm open for suggestions!!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry that has happened to you, but there is no way around the activation lock, without the password.it is a security feature.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, you'll need the activation code. I suggest contacting your local police. Good luck.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So even if it can be proven that the phone belongs to you< there is still no way to get around iCloud?

For the ones who'll say "give it back to owner" or think everyone who ask this question has a stolen phone I have the same issue with the 5c and I own mine.

Sure hate to report it Lost, but I guess thats what insurance is for.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So even if it can be proven that the phone belongs to you< there is still no way to get around iCloud?

For the ones who'll say "give it back to owner" or think everyone who ask this question has a stolen phone I have the same issue with the 5c and I own mine.

Sure hate to report it Lost, but I guess thats what insurance is for.

And the trip down the rabbit hole continues. Fraud (reporting a phone that is not lost as lost for insurance claim purposes) seems like the easy way out. Especially for those with no conscience.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi y'all
I have recently bought a phone from someone who told me it was theirs. I got home and charged her up turned it on and said this is a lost iPhone :/ so now I got screwed over bought it for 200$ and I tired to get them to take it back and get get ahold of them. So know I need to know how to get passed iCloud activation screen and get it to the home screen so I can reset the whole phone. I tired to contact owner and they do not want to give me info even if I pay them so what u can do? And if your going to write "nothing" on my thread then do not even bother. If you believe you can generally help me PLEASE I'm open for suggestions!!

So if you don't want anyone to respond with "nothing", you have a pretty good idea of what the answer is right?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is very unfortunate little lady. I know this will not help you but never pay for anything until you first try it out. If the seller will not allow it then walk away. You stated that you tried to get the seller to take it back. What you need to do is demand your money back!

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
There is NOTHING you can do to bypass and make the iPhone yours. The only thing you CAN do is go to your local authorities and give give them the persons name and any other information to try and get your money back and prevent them doing this to others.

Side note: can the forums put an auto reply as soon as someone types the key words "activation bypass or lock"?