Would an iPad Mini be beneficial for college course work?

I

iMore Question

im starting college soon and was wondering if an ipad mini would be benificial for coursework tasks etc... what do you think?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be awesome. It would not take the place if a full laptop but it would be useful for tasks and of course much easier to carry.
Not only that, being able to manage events.
What's your major?

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
It's great to use for taking notes during class. I used the zaggkeys Bluetooth keyboard case, which made it faster to type

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree, especially if you have the typical word processor, spreadsheet, presentation apps as well as note-taking apps like Evernote, Drafts and Notability. Also having a cloud storage app like Dropbox or at least something similar to Documents 5 by Readdle, should be sufficient for your educational needs, in my opinion...:)

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It is great to use in classrooms and beyond. It is inconspicuous and works well on those small lecture hall desktops. You can take Picts of library materials and in class pptx. Like others have said, a Bluetooth keyboard case, like Sharkk or Logitech, would be a good addition. Also, if your going to a college on Microsoft's higher education list, you can get Office 365 for $79 for a full 4 years. Good luck in your studies.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Last edited:

MrZ_Tech

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Me, coming out of my first year of college, I brought both my ipad and my laptop, I had both in my backpack. I used my iPad in 90% of my classes. I only used my laptop in my programming class; if there was a c++ app for the iPad, i would've just used my iPad. It's a great tool because it's so thin and light. Plus, if you're a windows user, there's office for iPad which makes it really easy to type documents and such.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73