What does it mean "*Connect acf2 device in normal mode"?

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I have an iPhone 4 on Verizon CDMA. OK, I did not think charging an iPhone with bad chargers would render the iPhone in a state that whatever you do and anything you do it will not turn on at all and no entering DFU and iTunes will not even recognize it. So, I decided to see what message would show if any in redsn0w, and it says "*Connect acf2 device in normal mode". What does that mean? Is the motherboard blown out? Does the motherboard needs to be replaced?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what that means, however, if I were you, I'd be making a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store. It's possible that your iPhone's battery has malfunctioned and you simply need it replaced, but I'm not sure. The Apple Store employees can best help you with this matter, in my opinion.

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone is off of my account and no longer covered by warranty. Would you recommend a DIY battery replacement? I never done a DIY before.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is off of my account and no longer covered by warranty. Would you recommend a DIY battery replacement? I never done a DIY before.

I don't recommend anything other than a trip to the Apple Store because I flat out do not know what is wrong with your device. Having said that, replacing the battery would definitely be one of the first things I'd do if I was in a similar situation and considered doing it myself, especially if money wasn't an issue. The iMore Blog has DIY tutorials for replacing batteries for all of the iPhones, if I'm not mistaken.

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't recommend anything other than a trip to the Apple Store because I flat out do not know what is wrong with your device. Having said that, replacing the battery would definitely be one of the first things I'd do if I was in a similar situation and considered doing it myself, especially if money wasn't an issue. The iMore Blog has DIY tutorials for replacing batteries for all of the iPhones, if I'm not mistaken.

My iPhone is cracked in the back, so will the Apple store still look at it? Do they accept mail-ins?

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I did not receive a response from you as of yet. But will the Apple store accept my phone if the back is cracked because I accidentally dropped it and I had a jailbreak on it before the phone went dead? My phone is not active on my account so the iPhone warranty ended.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did not receive a response from you as of yet. But will the Apple store accept my phone if the back is cracked because I accidentally dropped it and I had a jailbreak on it before the phone went dead? My phone is not active on my account so the iPhone warranty ended.

They should. It's not like they'll be able to turn it on until they at least switch out the battery. As for the back being cracked, that *shouldn't* be an issue. Still, I can't say for certain.

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
They should. It's not like they'll be able to turn it on until they at least switch out the battery. As for the back being cracked, that *shouldn't* be an issue. Still, I can't say for certain.

I went to the Apple store but with the iPhone 4 and 4S they will not repair it they have to replace it at $150.

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay. Well, at least you tried. Did they tell you what the problem is?

Nope, they would not even look at my phone, they did not even hold it.

Maybe I should try a DIY battery replacement?

And if its not the battery than do a logic board replacement? Charging with chargers that gives up and charge and stop charging they would probably fry the charging circuit, right? If so, than its probably the logic board.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, what you mentioned may indeed be the best course of action at this point. Either it'll work or you will have to get it replaced.

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, what you mentioned may indeed be the best course of action at this point. Either it'll work or you will have to get it replaced.

Could you possibly please link me to a good YouTube video for removing the logic board and installing a new logic board for the CDMA iPhone 4, and where to buy all the parts and tools, and another YouTube video for removing the battery and installing a new battery on the CDMA iPhone 4?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Could you possibly please link me to a good YouTube video for removing the logic board and installing a new logic board for the CDMA iPhone 4, and where to buy all the parts and tools, and another YouTube video for removing the battery and installing a new battery on the CDMA iPhone 4?

I don't know of any, but you might want to contact Ally Kazmucha over on the iMore Blog side and see if she has DIY information pertaining to the logic board.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've heard some Genius Bars replace the back glass for like $39... Either way, it's easy to replace, just make sure you get a new back glass alongside the battery, as there's a good chance it'll crack when you remove it. Back glass is cheap though.

php111

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any, but you might want to contact Ally Kazmucha over on the iMore Blog side and see if she has DIY information pertaining to the logic board.

I emailed Ally, but as of right now I have not heard back from her. However, I did buy a new iPhone 5S, and I received it today. The repair shops in my area are horrible and do not know what they are talking about. However, do you know of any really good repair shops in the USA to diagnostic the hardware on the iPhone 4 where diagnostic testing is at no cost but without repairing it, but only shops that does and offers mail-ins?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Ally, but as of right now I have not heard back from her.
I'm sure she will respond at some point. Give it time.
However, I did buy a new iPhone 5S, and I received it today.
Congratulations, and how do you like it thus far?
The repair shops in my area are horrible and do not know what they are talking about.
I hear ya.
However, do you know of any really good repair shops in the USA to diagnostic the hardware on the iPhone 4 where diagnostic testing is at no cost but without repairing it, but only shops that does and offers mail-ins?
No, I do not, sorry, and in this day & age with the economy the way it is, I'd be surprised if anyone diagnosed it with charging you for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2