Re: Apps keeps on getting stuck at "waiting..."
Try some of these:
Originally Posted by JJCX
• Log out of your iTunes store account. Go to Settings > Store > Sign Out Then press the Home button.
• Then press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously and don't release them when it brings up the Turn Off screen; keep holding them until the Apple logo appears.
• After restart, the Waiting should be gone.
1. Check your wi-fi connection to be sure it is working properly. Can you connect to the web using Safari? Are other apps that access the Internet working?
2. Double tap the icon of the waiting app. This may get the download going again.
By the way, if you have a number of apps that are installing (not stuck), double-tapping the icon will jump a waiting app to the head of the download queue.
3. Single tap the app’s icon on the home screen and it should pause the download. Now go back to the Apps store, switch to the “Updates” screen and tap “Update” to resume the download.
4. If the app is small (a few to a few dozen megabytes – MB), it may be easiest to delete the app from your iPad and reinstall it from the App Store. You won’t need to pay again. However, you may lose custom settings associated with the app.
Hope this helps.
-Apple Support Communities