Apps keeps on getting stuck at "waiting..."

JJCX

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I just restored my iPhone 4s. When I try to download apps from the App Store they just keep on getting stuck at waiting. After a few minutes a message pops out saying that the app couldn't be download at this time. I've resetted my phone thrice now but still no luck. Please help me !

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I just restored my iPhone 4s. When I try to download apps from the App Store they just keep on getting stuck at waiting. After a few minutes a message pops out saying that the app couldn't be download at this time. I've resetted my phone thrice now but still no luck. Please help me !

Try some of these:
• Log out of your iTunes store account. Go to Settings > Store > Sign Out Then press the Home button.
• Then press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously and don't release them when it brings up the Turn Off screen; keep holding them until the Apple logo appears.
• After restart, the Waiting should be gone.

1. Check your wi-fi connection to be sure it is working properly. Can you connect to the web using Safari? Are other apps that access the Internet working?

2. Double tap the icon of the waiting app. This may get the download going again.
By the way, if you have a number of apps that are installing (not stuck), double-tapping the icon will jump a waiting app to the head of the download queue.

3. Single tap the app’s icon on the home screen and it should pause the download. Now go back to the Apps store, switch to the “Updates” screen and tap “Update” to resume the download.

4. If the app is small (a few to a few dozen megabytes – MB), it may be easiest to delete the app from your iPad and reinstall it from the App Store. You won’t need to pay again. However, you may lose custom settings associated with the app.

Hope this helps.

Sources:
-Apple Support Communities
-iPad Academy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2