Does anyone convert their videos to another format?

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious how others handle the issue that I'm running into. I have tons of videos filmed with my iPhone that I've moved over to my computer and when I do, the orientation of the videos on a lot of them are upside down. If I open the videos in Quicktime, it isn't an issue. Quicktime will play the video in the proper orientation. The thumbnail of the video is the wrong orientation though. The real problem is if I play these videos in something other than Quicktime, then they show up sideways or upside down. Does anyone convert their videos to another format? If so, what do you think is the best format to convert to? I'm on a PC by the way.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Video Orientation and Conversion Question

We have the same problem on my girlfriends windows notebook, think it was the windows media player - upside down. On my MacBook, no problem.

Don't know why that is.

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

We have the same problem on my girlfriends windows notebook, think it was the windows media player - upside down. On my MacBook, no problem.

Don't know why that is.
Yeah, its really a pain if you won't always be using Quicktime to play things. Plus the sideways thumbnails really annoy me. I've tried re-saving the videos in Quicktime pro and the thumbnail continues to be sideways. I can convert the video to another format and have it rotated correctly during the conversion but I'm curious what others convert to. There are so many options, I'm not sure which is the best to use.

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

One thing I have found to correct the orientation issue is to bring the video into iMovie and then export it back out to camera roll. Kind of a pain to do it, but now that I know this works, I can do it rather quickly in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73