How to activate the 2nd hand Ipad 2 I bought online? Please help.

VictoriaPa1

Banned
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi There! I bought an iPad 3 online and when I tried using it, I was required to enter a 4 digit pin code. Since I haven't used the iPad yet, I tried restoring it using the steps provided by apple. When the restoration ended, I was required to enter the email linked to the iPad, so I can activate it. However, the email to be used to activate the iPad is still the email of the owner where I bought the iPad from. I tried contacting him but he is nowhere to be found. What should I do now? Please help me. I would appreciate any info i could get from you guys.

Thank you so much!!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi There! I bought an iPad 3 online and when I tried using it, I was required to enter a 4 digit pin code. Since I haven't used the iPad yet, I tried restoring it using the steps provided by apple. When the restoration ended, I was required to enter the email linked to the iPad, so I can activate it. However, the email to be used to activate the iPad is still the email of the owner where I bought the iPad from. I tried contacting him but he is nowhere to be found. What should I do now? Please help me. I would appreciate any info i could get from you guys.

Thank you so much!!

I would file a complaint and leave a bad review if it was from a site such as Amazon or Ebay. They usually are pretty easy to get money back from. Sounds like you got a bad deal though. These type of situations is why I always buy brand new every time and not buy used stuff, because I don't know what has been done to it. Sorry about what happened, hope you can get it resolved! :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Thank you so much!!

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout? your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they?ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

I love the Activation Lock concept, but it appears to be punishing the unwitting buyer much more than the scumbag thief.

My Advice
When buying a device from anyone other than a legitimate retailer (Apple, wireless service provider, or big box store), make the seller meet you at your wireless provider's store and stay with you through the activation process. That alone will scare off most ne'er-do-wells. Otherwise, you may be throwing your money into a black hole.

Caveat emptor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2