Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Question Update 7.1.2 troubleshooting?

my iphone 4s was updated to version 7.1.2 and when i went to update it it restarted like normal, but then it said i still needed to update it. i went back to re install the update and it went to this picture that i needed to plug it into the charger and it had itunes above it. my older cousin suggested i hold the lock and hold buttons down at the same time, then let go of the lock button and hold in the home button until the screen came on again. i did this but it kept going back to the same screen, so i tried it again and after i believe the third time it turned off and now it won't turn back on. I tried to turn it back on, pkugged in and not, and it wont come back to life. what can i do for this?
    also not sure if this is a part of the problem but my service is cut off until tomorrow, but i still had wifi. is this a side effect of trying to update while it was off service?
    if you know what i can do please ket me know it would be a great help, thanks!

Default Re: Update 7.1.2 troubleshooting?

At what % battery charge were you while updating? Was your iPhone plugged in while updating? It was telling you to connect to iTunes on a computer to update. Did you try that? Have you since tried to sync to iTunes?

Sent from from my iPhone 5