Is there a free site or free tools to use IMEI unlocking in iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Hi i just want to ask about factory unlock of iPhone. Is there a free site or free tools to use IMEI unlocking in iPhone? 'Coz I own an iPhone 5s came from there (USA) and i'm in the Philippines now which i could not use because it is being lock from there. Any idea or suggestions?

Many Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You will need to either notify T-Mobile, explain your situation, and ask them to unlock it for you or try any of the numerous unlocking services found via the internet, but note that these services require assistance from the carriers for the most part. As for free sites, I don't know, and I'd be leery to trust any, if available...:)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore. :)

Free sites? i've never heard of a free site offering this. There are plenty of paid sites that purport to being able to do this though but personally I would never trust them. Fortunately here in the UK it is astonishingly easy to buy an unlocked device and all it took me was a quick phone call to my carrier and they unlocked my 5S for free over the phone.

As JustMe said, call the carrier you bought it from and ask them. They have no reason to assist you though but if you don't ask, you won't get.

Good luck!

jwaves

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey quick question my carrier has already gave me the unlock code for my device however I have to do a factory reset in order for the unlock to take place. If i factory reset my phone will that affect the jailbreak at all? im on the pangu jailbreak 7.1.2

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey quick question my carrier has already gave me the unlock code for my device however I have to do a factory reset in order for the unlock to take place. If i factory reset my phone will that affect the jailbreak at all? im on the pangu jailbreak 7.1.2

Yes, it will. In fact, you'll lose your jailbreak entirely! But you can very simply rejailbreak it, and reload all of your favorite tweaks right back on it. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW