OSX Yosemite

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I got a little question that bothers me, as we all saw the new OSX Yosemite has a brand new design for the Dock similar to the one on iOS, my question is if we will be able to switch to the old Mavericks dock.

Thank you.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I got a little question that bothers me, as we all saw the new OSX Yosemite has a brand new design for the Dock similar to the one on iOS, my question is if we will be able to switch to the old Mavericks dock.

Thank you.

Not without adding a utility app that will allow that function. There is no option within Yosemite to change the style of the dock (or any other interface component). But I guarantee, if there’s a demand for it, someone will oblige by developing a tweak to do that.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So in other words no "sudo" command?

I supposed it’s possible, but I haven't seen any indication that it is/would be possible. In order for a "sudo" command to be able to tweak the setting, the code to support the Mavericks style interface would need to be built into Yosemite. Since the major focus of Yosemite is to evolve the interface/appearance, I’d stand by my initial answer.

Never say 'never', but extremely unlikely, IMHO.

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you HanKaz for bringing me down to earth lol, I think Apple should consider Adding this option as I believe there are lot of people who prefer the old dock style. Or at least someone will come up with a good tweak to change it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2