Why when I attempt to download an app, the previous owner's info is needed?

au-artist

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
i was recently given a ipad mini that had been reset, i was able to create a new apple id and use the ipad normally, but when i went to download a paid app i used my apple id but was unable to purchase because the previous owners email address was still on there and she cant remember her security questions, and i don't remember answering my security questions .......i hope this makes sense to someone ....and thank you in advance :confused:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you ask her if she had an iCloud acct and can log in and delete the iPad from iCloud. If so then you will be able to do what you want.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i was recently given a ipad mini that had been reset,
Okay
i was able to create a new apple id and use the ipad normally,
Great
but when i went to download a paid app i used my apple id but was unable to purchase because the previous owners email address was still on there and she cant remember her security questions, and i don't remember answering my security questions
If you 'reset' the device, her information should have been removed. You did say that you were able to create a new Apple ID and use the iPad normally. Try this, go to Setting - iTunes & App Store, and if you see the previous user's Apple ID next to "Apple ID", tap on it and then select "Sign Out". Afterwards, sign in with the new Apple ID you mentioned above.
.......i hope this makes sense to someone ....and thank you in advance :confused:
It did, and you're welcome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox