Can't Update To 7.1.1, What's Eating Storage?
Working on a co-worker's iPhone 5 16GB, he is trying to update the OS, but says there is not enough space. I have went into the Usage section and totaled up everything and it comes out to around 4GB. That includes EVERYTHING listed within the Usage section. But it says there is only 217 MB of 13 GB available and the update won't proceed. Where should I look to see what is eating the other 8 GB?
iCloud backup is turned on, but his only backup is 114 MB. No SMS messages clogging it up and only a handful of apps.
- 06-19-2014, 02:33 PM #2
- 06-19-2014, 06:11 PM #4
- 06-19-2014, 06:33 PM #6
- 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM #7
Re: Can't Update To 7.1.1, What's Eating Storage?
Be sure all iMessages are deleted. Safari history, cookies and data should be deleted. Email, especially ones with photos and videos. Music. Apps that build up a lot of cache, like Facebook. Photos, videos and gifs on the camera roll. It's there somewhere. Some of it could be what's known as "Other". You can see that if connected to a computer. The only way to delete "other" is to do a factory restore.
Sent from from my iPhone 5
- 06-19-2014, 10:07 PM #8
- By yasmoo in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2014, 10:31 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2014, 11:20 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 10:22 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:50 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:40 AM