Has anyone else try playing Mass Effect via parallels? if so, how well did it run?

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
As the name applies, I want to play the mass effect series again. Unfortunately, there is no Mac version. I do have the windows version and I tried installing windows via bootcamp; however, that didn't work (couldn't use keyboard or mouse during windows installation).

I'm thinking of buying parallels 9. But before I buy it, has anyone else try playing Mass Effect via parallels? if so, how well did it run (especially Mass Effect 2 & 3).

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I do not recommend trying to play computer games via Parallels. Bootcamp is by far the best solution to playing games on your Mac.

What mouse/keyboard are you using? If BT Apple to both, they can be configured to work on Windows. You may need to get a cheap Logitech or something to get you going, though I prefer a full size keyboard for gaming and actually use a different keyboard when I'm booted into Windows.

Without knowing what hangups you ran into installing Bootcamp, here are a couple guides that are helpful

Using Boot Camp to install Windows 7 on your Mac: The Complete Walkthrough - Simple Help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej31l-oWUF0

The utility can help you get an ISO on a thumb drive if you're having issues with your SuperDrive. Both of these are kind of old, you can install Windows 8 if you prefer.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Going to try bootcamp again. Yesterday, I tried my USB mouse & keyboard from logitech and they wouldn't work at the windows installation screen (select language, etc).

Going to try my BT Keyboard & Mouse that came with my iMac. Hope that works.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree with using Bootcamp, not Parallels or other virtual machines. Games ruin better when they access the CPU/GPU and drivers natively.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Finally got windows 7 installed via bootcamp. Had to turn off bluetooth before starting the boot camp process (create windows usb drive, partition, etc) and that worked.

installing windows updates and mass effect.

Thanks for the help guys & gals.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner