How do I get rid of an old app icon that's greyed out?
I updated an app (yahoo sports) and the old app icon is still there "greyed out". How do I get rid of it? I have an iphone 4 btw.
Second question. Sounds for new email, incoming calls etc. are not playing? However, the music apps etc. work fine. Any ideas?
- 06-18-2014, 10:23 AM #2
re: How do I get rid of an old app icon that's greyed out?
For your first question reboot your phone: either turn it off and turn it on again or do a hard reset - hold down the power button and home button at the same time until the white apple logo appears on screen. The grey grid icon should disappear and reappear as the original icon(then delete as normal), this works with icons that have been updated apps that do this.
Last edited by Lt_Solorna; 06-18-2014 at 01:02 PM.
- 07-20-2016, 06:00 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: How do I get rid of an old app icon that's greyed out?
Well, I would hope that by now you've figured out what your second issue is, but in case you haven't, and in case anyone out there with that problem will find this thread, here is the solution.
I have an iPad, and on it there are separate settings for sounds. One controls the volume of things playing on the iPad, like music, movies, games, etc. The other controls sounds from notifications (like email alerts), alarms, the clicking noise letters make if you have that enabled, etc
For me, the controls for the second type of volume are found under "Settings" > "Sounds" and it's a sliding bar under the heading "Ringer and Alerts".
Sounds to me like you have the one turned all the way down. I don't know where the option for that would be on your iPhone four. Maybe in the same place, maybe somewhere entirely different. I'm only here to point you in the right direction, you got more research to do.
- By Just_Me_D in forum Wallpapers & RingtonesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-19-2014, 12:49 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2014, 11:50 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 11:38 AM
- By squirtle_12xii in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 11:35 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2014, 11:10 AM