I've had the same problem that so many others have had. I had about 40 notes in my iPhone6 NOTES app. I haven't used it in several days and when I opened the app today there were only 5 notes in my ACCOUNTS > On my phone folder. I haven't updated, added or deleted anything, my notes are not synced with anything else (including iCloud) nor have I opened NOTES, opened a particular note, trashed it and repeated those steps at least 45 times.
    After reading all the entries in this thread it seems my only hope is that they will magically reappear (as they did once before.)
    (BTW, I've had the same thing happen in my REMINDERS app - doctors' and other appointments (which I save by date) were jumbled or had just disappeared only to reappear - and in order - a few days later.) UGH! Ain't technology grand?!!
    If they are local and not synced to iCloud, they could be lost in an OS update, a phone upgrade or etc. It's best to use iCloud and nothing else for notes. That way they don't get lost.
    04-27-2016 02:10 PM
    Actually, it just happened to me this morning. My notes disappeared. I know it is not supposed to happen by itself, but it did. It is the second time this year. They are not in the trash, there was no warning, I checked all accounts, and when I opened my computer to see if they were there as a backup, I saw them on the screen for a split second, then they vanished. Gone.
    Again, I know one can say that won't happen, but, just like a hard drive of any kind, blink, it can go bye-bye.
    This is not a helpful post, other than learning to never depend totally on your electronic devices for anything...a difficult thing to do in this world of technology!
    06-19-2016 08:27 AM
    Actually, it just happened to me this morning. My notes disappeared. I know it is not supposed to happen by itself, but it did. It is the second time this year. They are not in the trash, there was no warning, I checked all accounts, and when I opened my computer to see if they were there as a backup, I saw them on the screen for a split second, then they vanished. Gone.
    Again, I know one can say that won't happen, but, just like a hard drive of any kind, blink, it can go bye-bye.
    This is not a helpful post, other than learning to never depend totally on your electronic devices for anything...a difficult thing to do in this world of technology!
    Did you check your email Notes folder?
    06-20-2016 08:22 AM
    So, I was on the road today, and my service was being weird. So, naturally, I restarted my phone (it works most of the time). And when I went to my notes app to continue typing my story... everything was gone.

Yes, this was the Apple notes app.

Yes, I have it synced to my iCloud account.

I. Cannot. Find. Them.

I restarted like the thread said, I checked my email folders like the thread said.

Nothing.

I am devastated.

I have included pictures.

I'm honestly freaking out. This happened AFTER I got the latest iOS update... which I downloaded a few days ago.

What do I do?!

(I should also mention that I have an iPhone 6s. It's literally not that old and I have a crapton of problems.)
    Attached Thumbnails How can I retrieve the notes that have disappeared from my iPhone?-1.jpg   How can I retrieve the notes that have disappeared from my iPhone?-2.jpg   How can I retrieve the notes that have disappeared from my iPhone?-3.jpg   How can I retrieve the notes that have disappeared from my iPhone?-4.jpg   How can I retrieve the notes that have disappeared from my iPhone?-5.jpg  

06-25-2016 10:46 PM
    So, I was on the road today, and my service was being weird. So, naturally, I restarted my phone (it works most of the time). And when I went to my notes app to continue typing my story... everything was gone.

I. Cannot. Find. Them.

I restarted like the thread said, I checked my email folders like the thread said.

Nothing.

I am devastated.

I'm honestly freaking out. This happened AFTER I got the latest iOS update... which I downloaded a few days ago.

What do I do?!

(I should also mention that I have an iPhone 6s. It's literally not that old and I have a crapton of problems.)
    Did you check on iCloud.com, Google and Yahoo! if your notes were on there?
    06-25-2016 10:55 PM

I. Cannot. Find. Them.

Nothing.

I am devastated.

What do I do?!

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendar > your email accounts > Toggle Notes OFF. Then go look in the Notes folder of the email. The Notes folder will not show unless you toggle Notes OFF in Settings.
    Tartarus and pkcable like this.
    06-28-2016 11:12 PM
    Hi,

This happened to me, as I was writing one chapter of a novel down. My phone's memory was a bit low, and usually I delete some images first to free up some space. The "Storage Low" message popped up on screen, and I ignored it to delete some pictures to make some new space for a new note.

I usually save my notes on "On my Iphone" folder/option in my Notes app, and I have never encountered any problem before. But when I came back to the Notes app after making some space the app suddenly blanked out to no notes. I shut off my device to recheck if it was just an error, and when I turned Notes again there wasn't any notes left.

What can I do? The saddest thing is that the Icloud wasn't able to have backups of the notes in a week's period, thus no backup readily available.
    09-09-2016 12:19 PM
    Hi,

This happened to me, as I was writing one chapter of a novel down. My phone's memory was a bit low, and usually I delete some images first to free up some space. The "Storage Low" message popped up on screen, and I ignored it to delete some pictures to make some new space for a new note.

I usually save my notes on "On my Iphone" folder/option in my Notes app, and I have never encountered any problem before. But when I came back to the Notes app after making some space the app suddenly blanked out to no notes. I shut off my device to recheck if it was just an error, and when I turned Notes again there wasn't any notes left.

What can I do? The saddest thing is that the Icloud wasn't able to have backups of the notes in a week's period, thus no backup readily available.
    You might consider using iCloud for notes. It's what I do. Never any issues and they get backed up.
    09-09-2016 06:10 PM
    First... There is an action that has to be taken on the users part in order for anything that requires a delete action on that users part. The notes just don't dissapear without you doing anything. Are we talking about Notes that were in you Native Notes app that came as part of the iPhone 5 OS? It cannot as you put it delete your apps unless you JB the phone or tried to do something else like update the OS or even something like reset all settings to get your phone back to factory fresh. Which one of these do you remember trying to do? If you had notes in a catagory and accidentally or wanted to remove one it is going to ask you to delete and you would have to hit the red delete but truthfully they just don't go away.

When was the last time you do a backup a full backup of your device and how...iCloud or iTunes. If you did a recent back up and restore your phone and then use the backup button it will replace everything including your notes. If you made no backup or did not do any of this you are not going to get you notes back.. Sorry. Anyone else want to jump in with some help of your own or advice?

Good luck to you.

PS I forgot to ask you something... Do you have an iCloud acct? If so log in and see if your notes are there, If they are not need to proceed, If they are, Do a backup of your phone, Restore your phone and as then use the backup you made to get the notes and anything else you see in iCloud back on your phone.
    10-02-2016 09:12 PM
84 ... 234