Why does iTunes continue to not recognize my Apple ID and password?

I

iMore Question

iTunes continually refuses to recognise my id and password details even when I have changed them as recommended any help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iTunes continually refuses to recognise my id and password details even when I have changed them as recommended any help

If the device you're using has the iCloud activation lock enabled, make sure you enter your iCloud credentials, if different than the one you use for iTunes and the App Store.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The answer you were just given is solid and normally when you receive those responses you are putting in the wrong info so that is why I said the answer you were given to put in the proper credentials are important if they are not the same so check out if they are and put in the proper ones.

RachaelLefker

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
When I try to log in, I don't get any error message. It won't let me log in again. Itunes just goes nuts. Keeps flickering and I can't click on anything. All I can do is open Task Manager and shut it off. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, no luck. Still does the same thing. My password is correct and works on my iPhone. I just can't use iTunes on my computer after the update.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I too get this issue at times. The way out for me is, open iTunes first and then connect the phone. That way it only asks once. Its a weird bug. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled, closed it with task manager, but the only way it works well is as I mentioned above

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2