Is iOS 7smooth and lag-free on an iPhone 4S?

George Jenkinson

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a 4S as a backup phone and am wondering whether iOS7 is smooth and lag-free on an iPhone 4S? Also, does anyone know whether iOS8 will be too much for it to run smoothly? - thinking of the RAM and A5 chip with this.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a 4S as a backup phone and am wondering whether iOS7 is smooth and lag-free on an iPhone 4S? Also, does anyone know whether iOS8 will be too much for it to run smoothly? - thinking of the RAM and A5 chip with this.

iPhone 4S handle very well ios7. I can confirm that because I'm using it. As for ios 8 in the iPhone 4S, can't say a thing about it until I actually try it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

iOS 7 ran smooth for me on my 4S, as for iOS 8 that's a tossup right now.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The vast majority of 4s users haven't seemed to have any issues (as stated above). I have seen one or two users who have had some issues, but it was few and far between.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 ran great on my 4s. No problems at all. As for iOS 8 you'll have to wait and see. But I expect there might be some lag just like there was with the iPhone 4 running iOS 7.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I still use my 4S as my daily driver. 7 was a sub-par but 7.1 was a great improvement. It will be a good back up. iOS 8? I hope I won't have my 4S long after its release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It works smoothly. My iPod Touch that has the same processor as the 4S is running pretty well on the beta version of iOS 8. I can't really tell you how fast it will be on iOS 8 until the public release version comes out. You know, a beta is a beta. :) As for iOS 7, it's runs pretty smooth too.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I use a 4S as my 2nd device & I have no issues or lag.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the optimizations of iOS 7 are really good on the 4s, that it still works really well despite having the lesser hardware. All in all, if anyone can handle updates the best, it's Apple...

chinarut

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
just as a data point... I purposely left my 4S on iOS5 to maximize performance. after 1-2 years of heavy use daily, it now lags more frequently like my previous device (iPhone 4). Enough to feel the device requires replacing.

I'm no longer convinced the version of iOS is the only factor when it comes to lag - perhaps more to do with aging flash memory?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2