Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Is there a way to have ITunes Match on two different Iphones that have different Apple ID's?

Is there a way to have ITunes Match on two different Iphones that have different Apple ID's? Do I have to purchase ITunes Match for each device and use the same ID? Do I have to restart one of the phones so it has the same Apple ID as the phone that has ITunes Match? I have 3 IPhones all with different Apple ID's, please let me know what I need to do.

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Is there a way to have ITunes Match on two different Iphones that have different Apple ID's?

The information via the following links should be helpful to you.

iTunes Store: Subscribing to iTunes Match

Apple - iTunes - iTunes Match

Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default Re: Is there a way to have ITunes Match on two different Iphones that have different Apple ID's?

You can use iTunes Match on multiple phone but they need to be signed into the same iTunes Apple ID.
    iMore Nanite

So I would have to wipe phone clean, reset phone and start it with the Apple ID that the phone with ITunes Match has? Can I purchase ITunes Match on different phones and us the same home sharing ID? Will that make all phones share without having to start fresh?

Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

You don't have to wipe the phones. Just go into Settings -> iTunes and sign into iTunes using the same Apple ID. Then go to Settings -> Music and flip iTunes match on.

Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

iTunes match doesn't have anything to do with Home Sharing.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,015 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    You don't have to wipe the phones. Just go into Settings -> iTunes and sign into iTunes using the same Apple ID. Then go to Settings -> Music and flip iTunes match on.
    Just to clarify this a bit further......yes, you would have one unique apple ID for each device for iCloud but a common ID to be used by all for iTunes/App Store content, purchases, etc.

We do this in our fam so I don't have to worry about setting things correctly with regards to imessage and the like, while only having to purchase apps or music once.