Is there a way to have ITunes Match on two different Iphones that have different Apple ID's?

I

iMore Question

Is there a way to have ITunes Match on two different Iphones that have different Apple ID's? Do I have to purchase ITunes Match for each device and use the same ID? Do I have to restart one of the phones so it has the same Apple ID as the phone that has ITunes Match? I have 3 IPhones all with different Apple ID's, please let me know what I need to do.

northmen

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
So I would have to wipe phone clean, reset phone and start it with the Apple ID that the phone with ITunes Match has? Can I purchase ITunes Match on different phones and us the same home sharing ID? Will that make all phones share without having to start fresh?

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to wipe the phones. Just go into Settings -> iTunes and sign into iTunes using the same Apple ID. Then go to Settings -> Music and flip iTunes match on.

Just to clarify this a bit further......yes, you would have one unique apple ID for each device for iCloud but a common ID to be used by all for iTunes/App Store content, purchases, etc.

We do this in our fam so I don't have to worry about setting things correctly with regards to imessage and the like, while only having to purchase apps or music once.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro