How can I restore my water damaged iPhone?

pdigman

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I have water damage on my iPhone 5c. It has dried out and is now showing the itunes logo. It is recovery mode so I went to itunes to restore but it wouldn't work. I took it to att and they told me to try holding the home button down while trying to restore but when I plug it into my computer now it is just a blank screen. I only get the itunes logo when it is plugged in to power. Any suggestions?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: iphone 5c with water damage

I have water damage on my iPhone 5c. It has dried out and is now showing the itunes logo. It is recovery mode so I went to itunes to restore but it wouldn't work. I took it to att and they told me to try holding the home button down while trying to restore but when I plug it into my computer now it is just a blank screen. I only get the itunes logo when it is plugged in to power. Any suggestions?

Looks like you'll have to get a replacement. I hope you have insurance on it.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

When you try to de store, what doesn't work? What type or error iTunes returns to you?since you can see the apple logo or iTunes logo on the iPhone, you should be able to factory restore it.
Is your iTunes up to date? Have you download the latest ios IPSW with iTunes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pdigman

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site

At first it was telling me it could not be restored and gave me an error 21 and another 4000 error (can't remember). The ATT guys told me that if I would hold down the home button down during the restore that it might work. Unfortunately before I could try that, I stopped getting the iTunes message when plugged into the computer. I only get that when it is plugged into the wall. I have updated iTunes and my phone was update to IOS 7 earlier. It's the not coming on and giving me the option to restore using itunes that is the problem.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Put the iPhone in DFU mode, if you don't know how to do that, plug the phone to your computer and open up iTunes, then turn off the phone. Now hold down power on/off button and the home button for about 8 or 9s and release the power on/off button while keeping down the home button until iTunes recognize your phone in recovery mode. Note that the screen should be dark with nothing on it when iTunes recognize it and ask you to factory restore it. (You can do soMe google about how to enter DFU mode) Then follow on screen instruction to reinstall the latest ios into the device.
Also make sure that iTunes is communicating with the server, error 21 is when something like firewall or else preventing iTunes to communicate with the Apple server, connect to internet and check if you can access the iTunes Store in the the iTunes software or not, if no, then disable restrictions of iTunes in firewall if you ever enable it. It should work fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2